I finally baked something myself! I came across this recipe on The Cookie Actress’s Blog and decided that I had to make them. They were really easy to make and taste amazing. I will definitely be making these again.
Makes about 18 five in. cookies
Note chill time of 48 HOURS
** Ingredients **
- 2 cups minus 2 tbsp cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 570g bittersweet/dark chocolate
** Preparation **
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl (preferably of a stand mixer) cream butter and sugars together (using paddle attachment) until very light, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, only 5-10 seconds.
- Gently incorporate the chocolate into the dough.
- Press plastic wrap against the dough and refrigerate 48 hours (at least 24, can be up to 72 hours). Dough can be used in batches, if desired.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line baking sheet(s) with baking paper.
- Scoop LARGE golf ball size balls onto baking sheet, making sure to leave ample room between (should be able to fit 5-6 on each sheet, depending on the size).
- Bake 15-20 minutes (varies depending on oven) until golden brown but still soft.
- Transfer sheet to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes, then move cookies onto the rack or other surface to continue to cool.
- Repeat, as needed, and in as many batches as desired, until all the dough is used.
- Eat warm.