I blame Adelaide’s current heatwave for my obsession with mixing ice-cream with other delicious items.
Today’s combination is Streets Blue Ribbon Vanilla Ice-Cream with Double Coated Tim Tams and Cadbury Milk Chocolate.
** INGREDIENTS **
Streets Blue Ribbon Vanilla Ice-Cream
Double Coated Tim Tams
Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate (I only used half of the block)
** METHOD **
1. Empty the Tim Tams into a bowl and crush into small pieces.
2. Break the Cadbury Milk Chocolate into pieces and put into a separate (microwave friendly) bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave. My rule of thumb is to heat on high for 1 minute, then stir, then heat/stir every 20 seconds until the chocolate is melted. (It was so hot today that 1 minute was enough for my chocolate!)
4. Empty the ice-cream into a large bowl.
5. Add the broken Tim Tams to the ice-cream mixture.
6. Mix the broken Tim Tams through the ice-cream.
7. Pour the melted chocolate through the ice-cream mixture. (I opted to pour it in chunks so that it would set in large pieces.)
8. Use a spoon to move the ice-cream around so that melted chocolate can be poured into untouched areas. Do not mix the chocolate, which should now be setting.
9. Scoop/pour the ice-cream mixture into the ice-cream container.
10. Seal the ice-cream container’s lid and freeze overnight.
11. Once frozen (I left mine in overnight), serve and enjoy! (Note: Mine was frozen solid and was very difficult to serve. I would suggest leaving it out a few minutes before serving for it to soften.)