Sunday’s Chocolate Mud Cake was so good that I decided to make the White Chocolate Mud Cake from Exclusively Food.
I actually think it’s better than the chocolate version. I am really happy with how it turned out and it will definitely be part of my “30th Birthday Rubik’s Cube Cubecakes” batch.
Here’s what I did:
** INGREDIENTS **
600g White Chocolate
330g Caster Sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
4 Large Eggs
200g Self-Raising Flour
300g Plain Flour
** METHOD **
1. Place chocolate, butter, milk and sugar in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat when chocolate and butter have melted, and stir mixture until completely smooth. Allow mixture to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Add vanilla and eggs to chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
3. Stir flours together in a large bowl. (I accidentally sifted my flours and it came out fantastic. I’ll be sifting them again when I make the cubecakes for real.)
4. Add one cup of chocolate mixture to the flour and stir until a smooth paste forms.
5. Add remaining chocolate mixture and stir until mixture is smooth. T his gradual method of combining the wet and dry ingredients helps prevent lumps.
6. Pour mixture into prepared pan. (Cooking spray and baking paper on the base.)
7. Bake at 150°C (fan-forced) for 1:45 hours.
8. I covered my cake with a tea-towel and refrigerated overnight. (The slight bump in the middle fell, which is exactly what I wanted.)
9. I then covered in tin foil and put into the freezer. (I also cut off a piece to taste. It was amazing!)